In today’s hyper-competitive B2B market, capturing the attention of decision-makers is crucial. The digital transformation of the buying process has redefined how businesses engage with their potential buyers. Display advertising has emerged as a powerful tool for creating brand awareness, especially given that 80%–90% of decision-makers have a set vendor list even before they begin their research. More importantly, an overwhelming 90% of these decision-makers stick to their initial vendor list, making it imperative for businesses to ensure they’re on that list.
Here’s how B2B organizations can use display advertising and awareness tactics to generate demand and steer the buyer’s journey in their favor:
Drive Awareness and Accelerate Sales Cycles
Awareness is the first touchpoint in a buyer’s journey. Without awareness, consideration and decision stages become irrelevant. To cement your brand’s presence in the minds of potential clients, it’s crucial to engage with them early on. Stats reveal that B2B buyers engage with an average of 11 content pieces before making a purchase, starting with just 2 during the awareness phase. This makes your first impression vital.
Advertise Where Your Buyers Browse
Visibility is crucial. Your advertisements should pop up where your potential buyers are likely to spend time online. This requires a deep understanding of your buyer persona – their interests, online behaviors, preferred platforms, and more. Tools like programmatic advertising, which uses AI to automate ad buying so you can target specific audiences, can be invaluable here.
Diversify Display Creatives and Messaging
Given the varied nature of the B2B buying process, a one-size-fits-all approach won’t cut it. Depending on where the buyer is in their journey, different ad creatives should be employed:
- Brand Awareness Ads: Introduce your brand to potential clients, focusing on your brand story, mission, and values.
- Client Testimonials: Trust plays a massive role in B2B buying decisions, with 60% of buyers highlighting its importance. Testimonials can provide social proof and establish credibility.
- Feature-based Ads: Highlight specific services, products, or features that set you apart from the competition.
- Funnel Stage-Specific Ads: Tailor your ads based on the buying stage – awareness, consideration, or decision. The content volume increases at each stage, so it’s pivotal to keep the messaging relevant.
Accelerate Conversions with a Full-Funnel ABM Strategy
Account-Based Marketing (ABM) zeroes in on high-value prospects, providing personalized experiences. Given that 74% of B2B buyers expect a personalized buying experience, leveraging a full-funnel ABM strategy can:
- Increase Touchpoints: Engage all decision-makers or influencers within the buying committee across various platforms, ensuring your brand remains top-of-mind.
- Boost Brand Trust: Use client testimonials and case study ads to provide concrete evidence of your value proposition.
Surround Buying Committees with Precise Messaging
To move potential clients from awareness to decision, the messaging needs to resonate with the entire buying committee. It’s not just about reaching the decision-maker but ensuring that every stakeholder involved in the buying process is addressed.
Track Campaign Performance for Insights
Last but not least, measure everything. Analyze campaign performance metrics to understand what’s working and what’s not. Since recent studies show B2B buyers prefer digital channels, online analytics can offer deep insights into account engagements, helping businesses refine their strategies for better results.
In conclusion, the importance of being proactive in the B2B space cannot be overstated. With the majority of decision-makers having a vendor list in mind even before they start their research, businesses need to prioritize building awareness early on. By leveraging the power of display advertising and other digital tactics, B2B organizations can not only generate demand but also ensure they’re a top consideration in the buyer’s journey.